Citrus Plus is the only carpet cleaning company in the Bay Area, if not the country, that offers probiotic sanitizing.
There are A LOT of carpet cleaning companies out there to choose from. So what do you do, pick the cheapest one, right? I wouldn’t – the adage “you get what you pay for” most definitely applies to the carpet cleaning industry. If you pay a really low price and get a mediocre job, soaked carpet, a bad experience, and the results don’t last – will you be satisfied? When considering carpet cleaning, there are different cleaning methods, different cleaning products or “chemicals” with varying degrees of toxicity. There are also certainly differences in eco and bio friendliness, business practices, ethics, and pricing policies.
Some Fun Facts About Citrus Plus
- Our primary cleaning ingredients, D-Limonene and Citric Acid are naturally occurring. They are the muscle in the formula, breaking down grease, ink, paint, and other tough contaminants. Our ready-to-use formula is safe, non toxic, biodegradable and very effective. Our probiotic sanitizer is all natural, organic, beneficial bacteria — like what you find in yogurt!
- We employ a VLM (very low moisture) cleaning process and conserve water without polluting. On average, we use about .75 gal of liquid per room, whereas traditional water extraction can use upwards of 1.5 gallons/minute or 90 gallons per hour!
- We’re paperless.
- We do not run fuel burning generators, pumps or motors during cleaning.
- With CitrusPlus, your carpets stay cleaner longer, last longer, and you won’t need to have them cleaned as often. This keeps them out of the landfill longer between replacements.
- We’re drought friendly! We use about 1 gallon of water per room, as compared to many times that with steam cleaning.
- No aerosol or other propellants are used to apply our solution, we only use a manual pump sprayer.
- Our solution is safe, all natural, Green Seal certified, soap free, hypo-allergenic, non-toxic, and biodegradable.
- We strive to grow our company primarily by word of mouth referrals and networking, without bulk mailing or spam emailing, and with minimal paper advertising. We hate spam and waste mail as much as you do.
- Our vacuums have washable filters — not disposable. They are designed to be broken down and cleaned regularly. They’re sanitized and maintained daily to extend service life and keep them out of the landfill.
- Our carbon footprint and waste is reduced by buying and shipping our cleaning solutions to us in bulk, concentrated form, and diluted in reusable 5 gallon containers, therefore reducing packaging, shipping weight, and energy.
- We also try to minimize our fuel consumption by using fuel efficient 4-cylinder vehicles averaging around 27 mpg. We make every attempt to group jobs together geographically to cut down on drive time and fuel consumption.
Owner, Silicon Valley
My name is Craig Radley, and I’m the proud owner of Citrus Plus – Cleaning + Sanitizing Specialists. Since graduating Summa Cum Laude with a BBA in Finance from Radford University in 1996, my career aspirations have led me to some very exciting opportunities. Director of Finance and Operations for Excel Motorcycles & Watercraft and as a Product Specialist for Arrow Electronics, Inc., in Denver, CO. I moved to the Bay Area in 2009 after 6 years as a top-producing Realtor(r) with Watson Realty Corp. in St. Augustine, FL.
My passion, has been starting and running my own businesses and providing exceptional service to my customers – this quality is at the core of who I am. The satisfaction of doing a great job for someone and hearing their sincere gratitude is what makes me tick. I love helping people. I was the kid on the block pushing a lawnmowers, washing cars, or shoveling snow. That passion followed me to college, where instead of doing a business internship for someone else’s company my junior year, I decided to start my own Sea-Doo Personal Watercraft rental business on Claytor Lake, VA – Action Sport Rentals, Inc. It did so well, I almost dropped out of school — until my parents drove in to “have a little chat with their proud entrepreneur”. When I decided to relocate to CA, I asked myself “What will I do”, and then, in a moment, I knew.
As a Realtor® and founding member of St. Augustine’s first Business Networking International chapter, I referred my customers to other business professionals for various services often. I take great pride in who I recommend, and knowing that my customers and friends were in the hands of only the best businesses in the area. This is how I discovered CitruSolution Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning. I had used several carpet cleaners over the years for my buyers and sellers, and my own rental properties, and I had someone who did a good job for me. I had used CitruSolution on rental properties with years of wear to light berber carpet, pet stains, and the homes of many of my real estate customers, all to our complete satisfaction. After talking to Bill and the founder of CitruSolution Paul Romanick a little more, I decided I just had to be a part of this exciting company and take it to the West Coast!
Five years later, I become aware that there was a better and more beneficial way to sanitize our homes then conventional methods of disinfecting everything. Enter our partner ship with Chrisal as a provider of Probiotic Sanitizer for carpet, tile and upholstery cleaning. The 1st & Only one in the Bay Area.
Because Californians embrace environmental responsibility and using naturally occurring products, it’s exciting to fulfill that need in the carpet cleaning industry here. When I’m not dreaming up new ways to improve my business, or promote others, I’m striving to be the best father and husband I can be to my oldest son Merrick, daughter Brynn, newest addition little Chase and the love of my life, Sydnee. Don’t be surprised if music, guitar, golf, motorcycles, snowboarding, or anything that goes fast, jumps, flies, rolls, slides, or floats come up in conversation with me – I have an insatiable craving for thrills and living life to the fullest. I believe that happiness and success in life and business is dependent upon developing strong relationships centered on the foundations of honesty, integrity, trust, generosity, and being a great friend. I sincerely look forward to meeting you soon!
-Craig Radley, Owner
Citrus Plus – Cleaning + Sanitizing Specialists
My name is Damien Akiyama, President and Co-Founder of Citrus Plus – Denver.
I have been a leader in the sales and service industry for over 2 decades, and I am proud to bring that knowledge and experience to the Cleaning + Sanitizing industry. The majority of my career has been as a Sales & Operations Manager for a multi location dealerships in the power-sports industry, where Craig and I worked side by side for years. I’ve enjoyed the last 6 years working in CommTech consulting clients in their homes, troubleshooting and resolving data and communication’s issues within the home network.
I am excited to join my long time friend Craig Radley the Founder of Citrus Plus, and contribute to the growth of the company and it’s brand. I’m also very proud to represent the brands mission: “To provide exceptional service and value in the cleaning industry, using the most effective and healthy cleaning solutions available, with respect and responsibility to our clients, employees and planet, while conducting business honestly, ethically, and transparently with no pricing games or deceptive practices whatsoever.”
I am a very proud father of a twin boy and girl – Trevor and Caley are my greatest achievement’s in life and they drive me on a daily basis. There is nothing I enjoy more than being Dad! I am very passionate about it and I’m sure if you asked them, they would say at times, I may be a little too passionate. You can count on that same passion of service to you and dedication to your satisfaction.
Nothing would make me happier than to continue to serve the same families and businesses year after year and build loyal clientele. I want to be a continued resource to my clients, in whatever capacity they need. I know that success comes when you create, maintain and continue to build relationships with your clients and peers. I look forward to starting that relationship with you! If I may be of service to you in any way, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Lead Technician since 2012
Vadym is one of the most dedicated people I’ve met, and has so much pride in his work. He strives for perfection on every job and our clients love him. He’s even been referred to on Yelp as an “Old World Craftsman!” which makes us very proud. Vadym is a dog lover, so don’t be surprised if he asks to pet the pup. With his background in electrical engineering Vadym has been promoted to Shop Manager, where he also makes sure our equipment is top shape and ready to perform as hard as he is!